We use Google Analytics to collect information about how you use mygov.scot.
We store information about:
- the pages you visit and how long you spend on each page
- how you got to mygov.scot
- what you click on while you’re visiting mygov.scot
We do not:
- collect information that can be used to identify you; for example, we never receive your name or address
- make any attempt to find out the identities of people visiting mygov.scot
- allow the tools that we use to find out the identities of people visiting mygov.scot
- sell, trade or give your details to third parties, unless we are required to do it by law
All information we get through cookies and analytics will be treated in confidence.
We anonymise the last 3 digits of all mygov.scot user IP addresses for Google Analytics, so that we can ensure that you are protected (you can read more about how this works here). We can only see a general overview of which regions and cities you may come from, not where individuals access from.
You can opt out of Google analytics cookies.
|_ga||This is used to understand and differentiate between different users.||38 Months|
|_gid||_gid has a different ID for each page set on, and a timestamp. This assists with plotting user journeys.||24 Hours|
|_gat||We use Google Tag Manager to tailor our tracking in case we have different elements that are being tested. For example, setting a tag to track how far a user is having to scroll down a long page. The _gat tag pushes the request rate through quicker.||1 Minute|
Pages on mygov.scot which contain YouTube videos will not set third-party cookies (we use YouTube-nocookie.com — you can read more here).
You can email the performance team for further information.
Feedback, help or support
If you need any help or want to give any feedback you can e-mail us at: email@example.com